How to sow a new lawn:
1. Prepare the area to be sown by digging over thoroughly, as deep as you can, removing all stones, weeds etc. and levelling.
2. Firm the area by treading and then raking in one direction, tread again and rake in the opposite direction until you have a firm seed bed.
3. Sow the seed evenly at a rate of 35g/m2.
4. Lightly rake over to cover the seed.
5. Water area thoroughly, being careful not to wash away seed and soil.
6. Keep area well watered until your new lawn is established.
How to renovate an exisiting lawn:
1. Mow the lawn shorter than normal – down to 15mm (1/2 inch).
2. Scarify the area using a rake to remove moss and leaves. Aerate using a garden fork.
3. Sow seed evenly at a rate of 25g/m2.
4. Top dress using a soil and sand mixture, brushing in lightly.
5. Water area thoroughly, being careful not to wash away seed and dressing.